Finally, a recipe! I was in the mood for mousse, and what would be a better flavour than strawberry?
You'll need:
Strawberries
A pack of plain gelatine
Water
Cream
Sugar
Place 1 cup or so (depending on how much you plan on making), of water, into a pot, and set it to boil. Mash up the strawberries, but make sure to keep the juice and from the strawberries. Add the juice to the pack of gelatine, and stir.
Once the water comes to a boil, pour it into the gelatine+juice mixture, and let set in the fridge for aprox. 30 minutes. While it is sitting in the fridge, whip one cup of cream until it's thick. Add the amount of sugar you like (the suggested amount is 1/3 cup).
When ready, take the mixture out of the fridge. Mix the cream, gelatine+juice mixture, and strawberries together, and let sit in the fridge for another two hours, or however long it takes to have a consistency of a mousse.
What did you think? If you have any critiques, please tell me, because this recipe didn't come out with the same consistency I thought a mousse should have. I'm going to try mousse out of the package and see if the consistency is any better, so I'll post some pics of that soon. Until then...
-Lhasa
No comments:
Post a Comment