For my second recipe, I decided to cook up some quesadillas (hey, I needed to figure out something to do with my left over chicken). The ingredients you'll need are:
- One onion
- One pepper
- Chicken
- Tortillas
- Cheese
- Sour cream and salsa (optional)
- Olives (again, optional)
So, to start off, I cut up an onion (trying my best not to cry), along with a red pepper. I decided to pre-fry the two, although, like I said in my last recipe, some people prefer raw onions.
While the two ingredients fried, I begun work on the cheese. I shredded about a cup of cheese, and then crumbled some goat cheese into the mix. Then, I sliced about twenty black, pitted olives. By that time, the onions and peppers were fried. I placed a bit of salsa onto the tortilla, and then added the peppers, onions, olives, chicken, and cheese (in no particular order).
Now that the hard part was done, all I had to do was place the quesadillas into the pan, and fry them up. All stoves are different, but for me, I put it onto medium/high heat. Make sure to cook the quesadillas long enough, or else the cheese won't melt properly.
So what did you think? Good, bad? Suggestions even? This was a really good recipe to use for the chicken leftover from the salad in my previous post (although I still have a tub of chicken sitting in my freezer). I'm still looking for another recipe to make, but hopefully, after looking through a few issues of Cook, I'll get some information. Until then....
-Lhasa


No comments:
Post a Comment