To start off, here are my ingredients:
- 1 onion
- 1 yellow, red, or orange pepper
- Goat cheese
- Cold-cut chicken
- 1 cucumber
- Lettuce
- Pit-less olives
- Lemon juice and dressing (optional)
Obviously, all ingredients are optional. Feel free to mix and match different veggies or fruits. For example, spinach would go really well in this dish, or maybe even roasted almonds.
To start off, I peeled and sliced one of the cucumbers shown above. After that, I took a yellow pepper (although does the colour really matter? I'll have to check up on that...) and cut that and threw it into the bowl as well.
Then, I added a bit of goat cheese. As for meat, I bought Pinty's Artisanal Chicken, which was actually really good! It was an easy ingredient, and all I had to do was throw it into the salad, no preparation necessary (I'm beginning to sound like an infomercial). Any chicken would do, though. Once the chicken was added, I fried an onion, though some people prefer raw onions, so, again, it's a personal choice. After it was all added, I mixed it up, and voila, salad!
Now, some people like dressing with their salad, and I added a poppyseed dressing, which is one of my favourites. I also added a bit of lemon juice. Raspberries or strawberries would be good in this salad, if you are the type of person who enjoys sweet mixed in with your veggies. Oh, and as a side note, if you are frying your onions, then I would suggest adding the goat cheese in the end, so it doesn't melt completely into the mix, like it did with my dish.
So, tell me what you think. Any ideas for what I should cook next? Or maybe suggestions for this recipe. All feedback is appreciated :D
-Lhasa
No comments:
Post a Comment